Tomorrow, Maybe Later.

Hello, always a pleasure seeing you here.

In the previous post one thing stood out for me, procrastination, most of you mentioned it a lot and I decided to share some of my thoughts because we are all victims.

Procrastination is avoiding to do a task that needs to be accomplished. It can either be delayed, postponed or even replaced.

Listen, we never say we won't do something, we just say we'll do it tomorrow then we take forever before we do. This is how we end up in panic because the due date is here but the work isn't done.

Tomorrow is not promised.


Take me for example, in my first post I talked about how I planned to start blogging in 2018 but procrastination kicked in. Now let's take you as an example, have you filed your tax returns? 😂😂😂you're probably waiting for the last day. Well, most of you are.

What causes procrastination? What can I do about it?

1.Self Doubt.

This one is not common to everyone but most of us are guilty of it. How many things have you wanted to start but you told yourself you are not good enough or you are not there yet? Statistics show that 85% of people suffer from self-doubt.

Your process is your story.


Had I believed in myself two years ago, this blog would have grown so much by now. This doesn't mean we are not growing, you guys are really making me proud😊. My point, believe in yourself. Don't fail before you try. You'll learn as you go.

2. Working is Tedious.

Who wants to get things done when you can just watch a movie, scroll throw your phone or just not do it? It is easier to not do what we need to but at the end of it all, we don't have much of a choice. We have deadlines to meet.

I'll make time tomorrow.

Sleeping time is always a good time.


Last week you probably made a to-do list and a routine that you haven't started using, yeah?😂😂 
I know, but you have to push yourself. Most of the good things don't come easy.

Be swift to do whatever you need to do just the way you are swift to get your laptop or phone charger😆.

3. Fear of Failure.

Looks very similar to self-doubt because both of these things don't allow you to even try. When you fear failure you tend to use procrastination as a protective mechanism to shield you from the possibility of failing.

Do it NOW!


But then, refusing to attempt is also a failure in itself. Do it, make that mistake then fix it and if you can't, you'll have learnt. This way, you'll do things differently the next time.

4. Perfectionism.

Excessive perfectionism manifests itself a lot especially when trying to do something new. Because we want it to be perfect, we keep postponing it and this way it never gets done.

We often set standards too high and then struggle meeting them. Standards are good, but aim to do your best and be happy with your results.

    Your imperfect is perfect.

 Understand that every persons definition of perfect is different. Your perfect is not my perfect, and that's okay. Just do your very best.


Tell me what you have been procrastinating in the comments bar.

As always, we love to see new faces, welcome to this amazing family.

If you haven't subscribed, stop procrastinating😂 it's totally free and takes less than a minute.


xx
Stay illuminated.
Miss Nyambura.


Comments

  1. Now is always the right time to get things done,,but we always have a reason to procrastinate without even knowing
    As for me am a victim of perfection ����

    ReplyDelete
  2. My workout routine 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. I postpone my workout routine, and reading too. There are days you just have the motivation, some days your like " why am I running or doing this anyway?😂..but I also found out if you award yourself, or set targets, define the purpose for the routine..😂sometimes it works..I will stop procastinating..Thank you😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true, define your purpose, I love it. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. 🤣I think I procrastinate everything.. Buh it's high time I up my game

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Procrastination is caused by perfectionism.Its funny we know we should go for it but something just something will always pull us back😂...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to keep reminding ourselves more oftenly😊

      Delete
  6. 😫procrastination is a real enemy 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both sis😂😂 let's work on it together.

      Delete
  7. I've been procrastinating doing yoga and meditation which is good for my mind,and I know it but my mind is always busy thinking about other things. I'll do better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do better....create time and stick to it.💪🏽go gerrit.

      Delete
  8. I loove loove this article. If not now then when?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My First Time.

Black Lives Matter, Even at Home

Get it Together - 2020