Money Matters

 Hey Fam!

How are you doing, Good? Me too.

Well, my health hasn't been the best (had a covid scare) but I am certainly doing okay.

Now that that's out of the way, let's get into it.

I have recently caught myself so many times asking money questions and I realized it's actually an age thing because my friends are asking the same questions as well. I am 23yrs old and at this age bracket we are most certainly interacting with money we've earned ourselves, we are opening bank accounts everywhere, we want to start saving, we are looking into employment, we are generally interested in anything money!

Growing up, I have always known how to save my money. I'll probably use that money on something meaningless but I'll save it up anyways(I have a fear of being broke).

Now that I am older, I definitely want to be more responsible with my money and I am looking into investment.

I may not be earning much at the moment but everyone older than my age group keeps saying they wish they had started earlier.

As I embark on this investment journey, I'd like to know what you are doing with your money. What investments have you heard of? What are you trying / not trying? Do you understand investment? Are you saving or investing? What are your thoughts on this?

I am open to conversations in the comment section.











If you are new, Karibu (Welcome).

Subscribe, share and leave a comment to join the Ill'uminate Fam.
Have a beautiful week. See you soon.
Instagram : miss_nyambura_

Xx,
Stay Illuminated
Miss Nyambura

Comments

  1. Am just trying to use my money in a meaningful way.. At the right time in the right way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go. That's better than no plan at all.

      Delete
  2. I am nothing different from you because I keep saving but I no plan in place of any investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to figure this out for the sake of a better tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Yeah,I totally relate. I think of ways to earn money because I want to plan myself now not tomorrow. I decided to go for both; saving and investing. I don't earn much as well but whatever I have I budget my salary;a percentage goes to my tithe(God should always come first in everything, He too is the provider, do right by giving that 10%) ,another percent goes to savings,another to fare I use in a month to get to work(mine is constant), and the list goes on. Investing I went for CIC Bank,being the leading insurance provider in Kenya,I thought they were the best option,they came to our workplace and gave us a brief overview about them,I was impressed and decided to start investing now, Nyambura talked on procrastinating,I don't want to say "I wish I...."So budget your income,add savings on that budget and invest, its wise yow.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you split your income. Most of us really don't.
      We'd love to know how CIC will work out for you so we can also join on the bandwagon. Please keep us updated. Thank you for sharing your money experience.

      Delete
  4. For easier saving,get a sacco... It might be more helpful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please tell me more. I am still trying to understand how they work.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My First Time.

Black Lives Matter, Even at Home

Get it Together - 2020